Manhattan Beach Arm Lift
Some people may find difficulty in toning and sculpting their arms even if they are able to do so for other areas of their body through weight loss and exercise. Others who have gone through tremendous weight loss may struggle with excess skin in their arms. Dr. Granzow recommends the arm lift procedure for patients who have these issues.
What Is an Arm Lift?
A brachioplasty, more commonly known as an arm lift, focuses on contouring the upper arm by:
- Decreasing the amount of fat deposits;
- Removing sagging skin that hangs from the arm; and
- Defining the upper arm by tightening loose tissue.
Planning Arm Lift Surgery
To help you determine the right time for your arm lift, Dr. Granzow will discuss a treatment plan that includes follow-up appointments and a projected timeline for healing. By accounting for factors such as your activity level and lifestyle, Dr. Granzow will provide you with insight regarding:
- How long to wait before returning to work or other activities.
- Which activities you can resume soon after surgery and which will need to wait until you have healed.
- The care of your surgical site to encourage healing with minimal scarring.
Dr. Granzow adapts each surgical procedure to suit you, selecting the right technique to achieve superior aesthetic results that will not interfere with your lifestyle.
What Will Happen During My Arm Lift?
An arm lift involves a combination of procedures that largely depends on your specific circumstance. The main components of surgery are:
- Liposuction to remove fat deposits;
- Excising sagging skin; and
- Restructuring supportive tissue with internal sutures.
Recovering from an Arm Lift
After the procedure, Dr. Granzow will provide helpful advice to guide your healing process. Dr. Granzow recommends resting for two to five days after the arm lift procedure. Strenuous exercise that requires raising your arms should be restricted until about three or four weeks after surgery.
For more information about arm lift surgery, contact our Manhattan Beach office at 310.882.6261.