Manhattan Beach Tummy Tuck
Manhattan Beach patients turn to Dr. Granzow when they have trouble getting rid of excess skin and fat that gravitates to their abdomen. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, will remove this additional skin and fat, leaving a sculpted abdomen and improved waist. While you may think that diet and exercise will eventually achieve the same results, their effectiveness can be inhibited by:
- Aging. As men and women grow older, hormone levels drop drastically. Women notice new fat accumulating in their abdomen soon after menopause, while men usually notice gradual changes.
- Childbirth. Your body gains needed fat to support growing life. This weight gain can stretch beyond your skin’s elasticity and leave behind a stretched out abdominal wall and excess skin. The chances of this increase if you have more children.
- Significant weight loss. Losing significant amounts of weight will improve health, but may leave permanent excess skin folds in areas such as the belly. A tummy tuck is especially necessary in these cases because there is no other way to remove this excess skin.
- Diastasis Recti. Separated abdominal muscles that two-thirds of women experience after childbirth which result in the “mummy tummy”. Physical therapy can often improve this condition as well.
Factors like heredity and skin elasticity limit the way that your body will react to body and exercise. A tummy tuck may be the only way to regain the body that you want.
What Will a Tummy Tuck Do?
A tummy tuck will not help you lose weight. Ideally, you should be at or below your ideal weight range before entering the operating room for the surgery to be most effective, even if you can’t keep the weight off in the long term. A tummy tuck can:
- Remove excess belly skin
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Tighten and bring together separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti).
- Be integrated into a Mommy Makeover to restore your body after pregnancy.
Many Manhattan Beach patients diet and workout prior to their tummy tuck so that the muscles in their abdomens are firm and strong. This will result in an even more sculpted abdomen after your tummy tuck.
Our Approach to Tummy Tuck
Dr. Granzow is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive knowledge and experience in advanced tummy tuck techniques. He has developed a patient-centered approach that focuses on your care before entering the operating room. Dr. Granzow takes the time to know his patients and their ideal body type so that he can provide lasting results that meet or exceed your expectations.
Contact our office in Manhattan Beach to schedule a tummy tuck consultation with Dr. Granzow at (310) 882.6261.