Manhattan Beach Rhinoplasty
Board-certified rhinoplasty surgeon and otolaryngologist Dr. Granzow melds his ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialization with aesthetic expertise to provide Manhattan Beach patients with exceptional care. Internationally renowned for his minimally invasive techniques, Dr. Granzow teaches rhinoplasty and other plastic surgery procedures at both UCLA and USC. He brings these skills and experiences to each surgery, striving to provide every patient with an individualized treatment plan that provides optimal results.
What Is Cosmetic Rhinoplasty?
Cosmetic rhinoplasty focuses exclusively on reshaping the external appearance of your nose while preserving the sensitive internal structures needed for breathing. A cosmetic nasal procedure can involve:
- Reducing or increasing the size of the nose.
- Reshaping the dorsum (bridge) or tip of the nose.
- Adjusting the width of the nose.
- Changing the angle between the nose and upper lip and face.
Dr. Granzow will develop a treatment plan that changes the shape of the bridge and adjusts the delicate tip structures of your nose to align proportionally with other facial features.
What Is Reconstructive Rhinoplasty?
A reconstructive rhinoplasty, or septoplasty, deals solely with the internal features of your nose to improve breathing. During this procedure, Dr. Granzow will straighten your nasal septum (wall between two sides of the nose) to restore the airway of the nose. After surgery, you will breathe easier but the external appearance of your nose will stay the same.
Can Cosmetic and Reconstructive Rhinoplasty Be Combined?
Many patients want to combine cosmetic improvements with their reconstructive rhinoplasties. Dr. Granzow’s plastic surgery expertise and ENT specialization equip him with the understanding needed to perform the combined procedure, known as a septorhinoplasty. The combined procedure integrates the benefits of both cosmetic and reconstructive rhinoplasty into one surgery, decreasing healing time and discomfort.
Minimally Invasive (Closed) Rhinoplasty
Dr. Granzow is an expert in closed rhinoplasty, a procedure that hides incisions inside of the nose rather than leaving visible scars. The benefits of this technique are:
- Incisions are hidden within the nose and not visible to anyone.
- Less swelling and bleeding during and after the procedure.
- Quicker healing time than a traditional open rhinoplasty.
Dr. Granzow prefers this option to the conventional open rhinoplasty because it’s minimally invasive, giving you the optimal result with less discomfort and no scarring.
Manhattan Beach Concierge Plastic Surgery
Dr. Granzow takes the time to personally know each Manhattan Beach patient and their aesthetic ideals. This concierge approach to plastic surgery provides patients with:
- Longer appointments with one-on-one care and treatment from a highly sought after rhinoplasty expert.
- Comprehensive care before, during, and after your rhinoplasty.
- Relationship-based care personalized to your unique needs.
- Planning assistance for patients traveling for their surgery.
Dr. Granzow prioritizes quality patient care through surgical excellence and personable support throughout all stages of your procedure.
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.