Manhattan Beach Breast Lift
Your breasts have supportive structures holding them up and when these structures repeatedly stretch, your skin loses elasticity and begins to sag. This can cause changes that bring significant discomfort and diminish confidence you have about your body. A breast lift, or mastopexy, can help Manhattan Beach patients firm and shape the breasts by reshaping these structures and/or removing the excess skin that causes your breasts to sag (ptosis). During a breast lift, Dr. Granzow may:
- Tighten the structures that support your breasts.
- Remove excess skin that causes ptosis (sagging).
- Raise and reposition your breasts to make them firmer and shapelier.
While a breast lift will not aim to take volume from your breast, some skin and a small amount of tissue may need to be removed to tighten underlying shape.
What Causes Breasts to Sag?
Throughout different stages of your life, the appearance of your breasts will change shape and they will begin to lose firmness. The main factors that determine your breasts’ size, shape, and firmness are age, breastfeeding, and overall genetic makeup. Your genes influence hormone levels that cause your breasts grow, develop, adjust to pregnancy and breastfeeding, and how they will look as your age. In general, factors that affect your breast shape and firmness are:
- Pregnancy and childbirth. Hormones may signal your breasts to grow larger for milk production during pregnancy and breastfeeding. After weaning your child your breasts may shrink in size, leaving excess skin and increased sagging.
- Weight loss. Losing a significant amount of weight will cause your breast size to decrease and may also result in more sagging skin.
- Aging. Inevitably, all women’s breasts will begin to sag due to gravity and your milk glands atrophying. The severity and degree vary, but every woman will experience drooping as she grows older.
- Larger breasts. Manhattan Beach women who have very large breasts have more weight pulling their breasts down. This can cause sagging at an earlier age and can be corrected with a combined breast reduction and lift.
While chest presses and other exercises can slightly tighten your breasts, there is no non-surgical way to reverse breast ptosis (sagging).
When Should I Get a Breast Lift?
Because there are many factors involved in the way your breasts change over time, the best timing for a breast lift is after:
- Breasts are fully developed.
- Giving birth to all your children.
- Reaching a stable weight.
Dr. Granzow will advise his Manhattan Beach patients on the whether it is the right time for a breast lift and how your body will respond to the breast lift. Dr. Granzow will draw on over eighteen years of board-certified surgical training and experience to develop the right treatment plan at the right time.
Breast Lift for Mommy Makeover
As part of pregnancy and childbearing, your breasts will grow very large in preparation for breastfeeding. But when your child has stopped breastfeeding, your breasts not only get smaller but also sag from the volume loss. To correct for this, Dr. Granzow has developed a Mommy Makeover that addresses your post-pregnancy issues, including breasts that have lost volume and firmness.
To schedule your breast lift consultation, contact out office in Manhattan Beach at (310) 882.6261.