If you’re a Manhattan Beach woman or man who has made the decision to get Botox, congratulations! We know that you’ve put a lot of thought into your decision and that it’s never easy to decide to undergo a cosmetic procedure. But since you’ve chosen to get Botox at Manhattan Beach Plastic Surgery, you don’t need to worry. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Granzow has performed hundreds of Botox injections in his more than 10 years in Manhattan Beach, and he has the skill and mastery to help you get the results you desire. But before you come in for your Botox procedure, read through these tips of what to do before, during and after your Botox injections.
Before Your Botox Injections
Botox injections may not be surgical, but they are still a cosmetic procedure for which you will need to be well prepared. Before your Manhattan Beach Botox injections, make sure that you:
- Disclose your full medical history to Dr. Granzow, including any medical conditions that you have, any medications or herbal supplements that you take or any upcoming procedures you may be undergoing. Dr. Granzow needs to know these important details to ensure that you are a good candidate for Botox injections.
- Discuss the results you are hoping to see with Dr. Granzow, so he can tell you if your expectations are realistic. The last thing Dr. Granzow wants is for you to undergo Botox with unrealistic expectations and to be unsatisfied with your results.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medications like aspirin and Excedrin, or herbal supplements like Ginkgo Biloba.
During Your Botox Injections
Botox injections are a quick, safe way to reduce unwanted fine lines and wrinkles. But they involve a needle, and we know that not everyone is a fan of getting pricked. Here are some tips on what to do during your Manhattan Beach Botox injections:
- Come into Manhattan Beach Plastic Surgery and make sure your face is clean, and remove any makeup that you may typically wear during the day.
- Relax and stay still during your injection, to ensure that Dr. Granzow is able to inject the Botox into the desired site.
After Your Botox Injections
Even though Botox is a quick, outpatient procedure, it is important that you follow Dr. Granzow’s post-Botox injection instructions. These include:
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the area that received the Botox injection for at least one day. You don’t want the Botox to inadvertently spread to other areas of your face, do you?
- Avoid hard physical activity like hitting the gym for 7 days.
- Do not drink large amounts of alcohol for 7 days after getting your Botox injections, as alcohol can thin your blood.
- Refrain from getting a facial or chemical peel for 1 week after getting your Botox injections.
- Avoid the same blood-thinning medications and herbal supplements that we discussed in the pre-Botox tips for 7 days.
Schedule Your Botox Injections Today
If you’re ready to say “Goodbye!” to your fine lines and wrinkles, then why wait? Schedule your Botox injections today at Manhattan Beach Plastic Surgery by calling (310) 737-8918.