Manhattan Beach Fat Grafting
Many patients have unwanted fat deposits that remain unresponsive to diet and exercise. The popularity of liposuction to correct for these problem areas has developed into a two-part procedure for patients who want to add volume to other areas of their body. During a fat graft Dr. Granzow will transfer the fat gathered during liposuction to help you restore volume lost during natural aging or enhance your body’s size and shape to fit your ideal proportions.
What is Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting harvests viable fat cells during a liposuction to add volume where you feel it is lacking. This delicate procedure requires that your plastic surgeon has a thorough understanding of:
- Symmetry and proportion for natural-looking results.
- Techniques to capture preserved fat cells for grafting.
- Locations that will provide the most viable fat cells.
Dr. Granzow is a board-certified plastic surgeon skilled at gentle body contouring and fat grafting procedures that leave Manhattan Beach patients looking naturally sculpted and fuller where desired.
Where Can Fat Be Grafted?
Fat grafting was developed as a more natural alternative for enhancing or restoring volume to the body. Many patients can benefit from fat grafting when modestly enhancing the breasts or buttocks. One session of fat grafting can increase breast size by up to one cup-size. Fat grafting can also be performed for facial shaping and contouring.
How Will My Results Look?
After your procedure the area treated will appear fuller and more youthful. For body enhancement, you will notice an increase in size and fullness that attains your aesthetic ideal. Dr. Granzow prefers fat grafting because it is more likely to:
- Produce natural, smooth, softer results.
- Integrate well with your body.
- Leave minimal scarring.
Because Dr. Granzow has developed a gentle liposuction procedure to harvest fat cells, you will experience less discomfort and pain with this treatment.
Where is Fat Grafted From?
Fat is grafted from the area that you want liposuction, such as your thighs, stomach, or buttocks. Not all fat cells removed during liposuction are suitable for fat grafting and techniques are adapted to prepare fat cells for transfer. Dr. Granzow employs a meticulous and gentle procedure to harvest the most viable fat cells for lasting results.
Concierge Plastic Surgery in Manhattan Beach
Dr. Granzow devotes time to know each Manhattan Beach patient personally and offer exceptional care before, during and after surgery. By providing patients with concierge plastic surgery, Dr. Granzow:
- Focuses on relationship-based care for patients supported by surgical knowledge developed in decades of training with leading experts.
- Bases individual treatment plans on your specific needs and body proportions.
- Adopts an unrushed approach to all patient interactions to gain thorough understanding of your needs.
- Will assist patients traveling for surgery with travel arrangements.
Dr. Granzow will be available to help throughout all stages of your fat grafting procedure with individualized concierge care and advice for recovery.