After pregnancy and breastfeeding, many Redondo Beach mothers are left with a body that feels unrecognizable. They’ve often got stretch marks, loose and sagging skin and they look much different from their former self. For this reason, Mommy Makeovers are such popular procedures in Redondo Beach and throughout the South Bay. A Mommy Makeover is a series of plastic surgery procedures that typically combine a tummy tuck, a breast procedure (a breast augmentation and/or a breast lift) and sometimes liposuction of problem areas, too.
Since Mommy Makeovers combine a variety of plastic surgery procedures into one surgical setting, it is more important than ever that you follow board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Granzow’s pre-op instructions than ever. Continue reading to see what Dr. Granzow of Manhattan Because Plastic Surgery recommends you do and don’t do before a Redondo Beach Mommy Makeover.
Before you undergo a Mommy Makeover, do make sure that you:
- Get a pre-operative physical before your Mommy Makeover, which will help determine that you are healthy enough to undergo general anesthesia.
- Arrange for someone to help you watch your children, as you will have to rest for the days following your Redondo Beach Mommy Makeover, and you will not be able to lift or carry your children for several days.
- Go grocery shopping and buy easy to prepare food and snacks that are low in sodium.
- Pre-fill your painkiller prescriptions so that you do not have to worry about doing so after your Redondo Beach Mommy Makeover.
- Arrange for a comfortable place to sleep post surgery.
- Clear with Dr. Granzow whether or not you can take any daily medications that you typically take for other medical conditions the day of your Mommy Makeover. It’s possible that you may have to temporarily skip some doses so that your medication does not negatively interfere with your anesthesia.
- Wear comfortable clothing to your surgical appointment, typically bottoms with an elastic waistband and a top that buttons or snaps up. Remember, there are no style points awarded for your day of surgery outfit.
Also before your Mommy Makeover, make sure that you don’t:
- Take any medications or herbal supplements that thin the blood 2-4 weeks before your surgery, as this can cause increased bleeding during your Mommy Makeover procedure. Blood-thinning medications and herbal supplements include aspirin and Gingko Bilboa.
- Smoke 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after your Mommy Makeover procedure, as smoking can interfere with both the surgical procedures and recovery time. And stay away from secondhand smoke, too.
- Drink alcohol immediately before your surgery, as alcohol can complicate your Mommy Makeover and your reaction to anesthesia.
- Shave the day before or the day of your surgery, as this can increase your risk for infection.
- Eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery.
How Can I Get My Other Mommy Makeover Questions Answered?
If you have more questions about what you should and shouldn’t do before a Mommy Makeover, reach out to Dr. Granzow at Manhattan Beach Plastic Surgery. During your initial consultation with him, he will answer all you questions about your upcoming Mommy Makeover and help you set realistic expectations for your procedures.
You can schedule a consultation with Dr. Granzow today by calling (310) 737-8918.